Please don’t wash clothes unnecessarily. Don’t wash clothes that are not dirty. Often, airing and brushing clothes is enough.
- Turn garment inside out;
- Machine wash in cold or warm water;
- Wash with other soft garments (no denim or velcro) or use a lingerie bag to protect your garment;
- Wash with like colours;
- Line dry ;
- Tumble dry on a cool setting;
- When wearing the garment avoid rubbing against rough or hard surfaces.
- Dry Clean Only or care as silk.
- High quality wool garments do not require frequent cleaning and for some, it is recommended that they be cleaned only once or twice a year.
- Wash in cool water using a mild detergent with NO bleach. Use the delicate setting on your washer, and the same temperature wash and rinse (either cold or warm)—changes in temperature can cause shrinkage or “felting” (a matting of the wool fiber).
- Lay the item flat to dry.
- If you do get a shiny spot from ironing wool, spray it with a little distilled white vinegar. This should remove the shine. Rinse with cool water to get rid of any vinegar smell.
Satin from wood fiber:
- Use a mild laundry powder, separate whites from colours;
- Hand wash preferred. Wash in cold to medium heat water. When hand-washing, let the item soak in sudsy water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Dry it flat in the shade, line dry;
- DO NOT wring or twist your satin clothing as it will cause it to loose its shape;
- Iron on reverse with NO steam;
- Do not Bleach;
- Extremely delicate satin should only be dry-cleaned to avoid damage.
- Polyester can easily be washed and dried, making it very easy to care for.
- Machine wash polyester using the permanent press cycle and warm water wash.
- The fabric has a tendency to be stiff so you may want to add fabric softener during the rinse cycle to give it a softer feel and reduce static electricity.
- Dry polyester on low heat setting in your dryer, or hang on a clothes line to air dry in warmer weather.
- Remove from dryer promptly and hang or fold neatly to avoid unwanted creases.
- Typically, polyester does not require ironing, but if it’s necessary, use a warm iron.
Many garments are blends of the above mentioned eco fabrics. Please read label carefully before washing.